Sunday, September 21, 2008

Surreality and the Real

It's odd, but I find the universe most credible when it's at its least probable. Tonight I was trying to take some photos of the moon. Sadly, this entails all of the failings in the S9600 so it's never quite worked satisfactorily yet. My battery died midway of course - it always does when I've got it on a tripod - and when I went back out to try again I realised that it was utterly futile.

Low clouds; backlit by the moon, which was peeping through a chink; predominantly sodium light pollution underneath, giving them an red cast. It was like something that might happen when playing with Difference Clouds and Lighting Effects in Photoshop, and as such would never work as a photo - well, unless I had a considerably better camera, lens, and was more experienced at night sky photography.

Oh well. So concludes a day filled with, er, nothing. Unless you count playing Spore (which really isn't All That, but I'm giving it a once through before I despair of ever getting a Good New Game) or wandering through the Quartermile in search of excitement or interesting angles.

No comments: