Monday, February 04, 2008

Look, I've got a lot on, OK?

Having two jobs, two courses of study, choir and (when I can fit it in during opening hours) the gym does leave one a tad tired in the head. I've still got to finish Jane Eyre and Othello while working on Katakana and trying to learn new music. Helen has a new pet. It has not died yet. I realised that I have now reached my first Terabyte. People ask if I actually need that much space but YES I DO. The quality (and therefore size) of audio, video and image files are steadily rising. I find myself with FLAC files and HD video. This takes up space! It's also frustrating to have to dig around for files when you can have them at your fingertips. I am in the process of ripping all the CDs I miss (so much MOMUS!!) I can now do this. Therefore, the space is needed. The WGA Strike has, to date, left me without new Ugly Betty, House, Prison Break, Chuck, Reaper, Pushing Daisies, Heroes and, imminently (well, after they air the next 10ish episodes), Battlestar Galactica. If I didn't already have an instinctive distrust of TV studios I'd certainly loathe them now. I've been temporarily exiled to a different building at work. I got into the office today and the power went off. After two hours of on/off lights and phones but with no network I returned to the mothership to get some work done. It was very odd.

No comments: