Thursday, March 27, 2008

Cocktails and kitties

Ahahaha! I like video editing. It's stupid and I'm bad at it but it's satisfying to force decent audio onto a shitty video.

Busy time, even without the extra pressures of school for a few weeks... Last Wednesday was Ollie's birthday, then Thursday was mine and Saturday featured a Cocktail Party. Cue trip to Makro with Ollie and Shaun-san, WOO! Gallons of mixers and lots of crisps later, we were ready for the party - well, expect that for any Cocktail Party run by someone who hasn't just won the lottery one must rely on the kindness of strangers. No, on the reliability of friends, which is even worse! Andrew was tasked with bringing Bailey's. This was easy for him because he usually turns up to any party with a bottle of Bailey's, sits and drinks it and then leaves when it's finished. He had borrowed some money from Ollie a few days previously, and one condition he was given was that he HAD TO come to the party. So, of course, out comes some excuse about unexpected familial bonding and voila! No Andrew. He will, I assure you, pay for this. I had a ten-to-ten panic when I realised that Helen Beauchamp, whose birthday it was on Saturday and who had been asked to bring some white rum, has not yet materialised and if this continued then I wouldn't be able to make any Long Island Iced Teas! This would have destroyed me. My main reason for a Cocktail Party is to convince people to bring me the right ingredients for a LIIT and having spent three hours mixing a variety of nameless yet scrumptious cocktails for people I was very much ready for one. Cue Shaun-san and a trip to Peckhams for rum and Bailey's, which turned into a Triple Sec run, as the Birthday Girl finally arrived and I decided that it was too late in the evening to be serving Bailey's without causing a queue of vomiters. And finally I had my cocktail of choice. Well, a few of them. Then I got bored and spent the rest of the evening tidying. Am I a party girl or what? Did I mention the loverley camera Ollie gave me for my birthday? Heh heh heh. I'm totally chuffed to bits - although now feeling somewhat inadequate in the gift department - and my friends are starting to feel hounded like a Princess. As are the flora and fauna of Edinburgh. And my computer is beginning to creap under the anticipated weight of thousands of nine-megapixel photos, which come in at 2.5 to 4.5 MEGABYTES. Flickr has never been so slow to upload to... I am now planning to make trading cards of everyone. I think this could be a nasty and torturous excuse for even more photos. :D

No comments: