Thursday, January 10, 2008

(Cough cough) Ohayō!

I'm so ridiculously hooked on Ugly Betty. I don't quite understand why, the first five episodes or so were kinda dull and slow but suddenly I can't stop! This may be Clever Writing at work. Yesterday I started to develop a tickle in the back of my throat. By the time we'd had our New Year Choir Meeting (don't even ask. Because I will not rehash that.) it was becoming a Tickly Cough. This morning I woke up and cried out in pain. Silently. Swollen oh YES and rather painful too. Since I had school this afternoon I called in sick to work for the morning, to allow me to shop for drugs. Cafe Nero - Latte mmmmmm Chemist. Glucose tablets and Pholcodeine Linctus YUM. Off to school. OOPS I mis-entered my timetable into Google Calendar and there's no Study Skills this week. So off to IALS to register for Japanese Beginners course and then to Black Medicine for a quick coffee before Maths! So far, I don't see what the fuss is about. Why do people dread STATISTICS so? Perhaps it's because they have to do it, whereas I'm keeping the basic Maths course on because I quite enjoy it... BTW, why do you think Barr make "Ginger Beer Flavoured Soft Drink" (I'm sure it used to be just Ginger Beer they made, but anyway...) and then add Saccharin and Aspartame? It's not like it's the Diet option or anything! I noticed this because I was thinking it tasted a bit odd. Turns out, IT DOES taste a bit odd! Aaaanyway. Went to work for about an hour, mostly to keep warm but it had the added bonus of getting sympathy because I was ill but at work. By the time I had my jacket off people were asking me questions about Word etc. as if I hadn't just arrived. People, eh? Then off to Japanese. Much could be said about learning Japanese in a beginners' class which needs to be suitable for all comers. The building used to have some exciting mural(s) over the stairs. I remember it vaguely from doing some Italian there when I was about 10, but there has been a lot of restructuring in the intervening years and I couldn't see ANY interesting wall decorations. sadface.

No comments: