Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Looks like a no-brainer"

Last night it became VERY icy while Ollie and I were at Helen Sivey's. Which was very pretty.
As often happens when I'm walking home I called my mother for a blether, but unfortunately Steve must have been online because the line was engaged. Aha! thought I, she's likely to be on Skype! Why not try to get her through that? A bit of internetting later I have Fring installed and prepare to Skype. Or course it doesn't work as hoped. She was very quiet, I was very loud and the call died after about 15 seconds. However, the Chat side of things (and this is for Skype, MSN, GChat, Yahoo, AIM, ICQ...) is very simple and works as you would hope. So I wandered home 'chatting' to her, pausing only to take the occasional photo of the ice (see above).
Today continued to be remarkably cold. I met up with Stephen and Ollie at Favorit, had some nachos and then went back to Stephen's to play with food. I had slipped into a weird, uncommunicative mood and wasn't feeling particularly FUN but there was a plan to have people round to watch Grindhouse later. So I played Overlord, Joe fell asleep and Stephen did some homework. Ollie came back from the library and then went to Tesco with Stephen to get supplies. I made preparations for cooking... Dinner consisted of: Home-made beefburgers (beef mince, onions, spices, stuffing mix, egg), mashed potato and some broccoli, sugarsnap peas and courgette fried together in a pot, all topped with a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce. Yum. But by the time I was halfway through making the food everyone had arrived and wanted films! So I ordered them to start it and settled down to sit quietly in the kitchen...... By the end of Death Proof lots of people had left and I gave in to peer pressure and joined the room for Planet Terror. Which is very silly. Odd things I have noticed recently:
1. Great bit number 90 up on the first floor above Ripping Records on North Bridge. The numerals are tatty and old so I must have been not noticing them for a looong time. 2. Middle Meadow Walk. The litter bins are ALL on the opposite side as the pedestrian lane. WHY??

No comments: