Thursday, January 03, 2008

Beware of Live Traffic and of sales

A day of repeatedly bumping into Stephen and Joe, even when we were meant to not be in the same place. I think they're stalking me or something.
I don't know what LIVE TRAFFIC is. Is it unusual? Does Edinburgh have a problem with DEAD TRAFFIC usually? or UNDEAD TRAFFIC perhaps? H&M provided some cheap pants. Pants, incidentally, I use to mean underwear rather than trousers. Because us Scots are funny that way. Or rather, because other people are weird and can't use one word to mean only one thing. I discovered a few years ago that Ollie an His Kin(d) use pants to mean either underwear or trousers, which is just TOO CONFUSING. If only it had stopped at pants. Schuh had some nice CAT shoes which, since shoes were my goal of the day, I purchased. TICK! Fat Face is where it all went wrong. I was in there about ten days ago and saw a lovely grey winter jacket for £STUPID. I pawed at it and then left; my current winter coat has been with me since C&A were not yet closed (never mind demolished, rebuilt and opened as H&M/Maxx) and it really needed replacing but not that much. I'm a skinflint! Oh, but today they had removed £50 from the total of £STUPID and so I was dilemma-ed. And there was a really nice top that hung on me like a baggy top rather than a top which is hanging because it's large, reduced to £8.00! Alas, this t-shirt should not have been reduced. They offered to give it to me for half price, £13.75, but it seemed less of a bargain. The problem was that, as it wasn't on the Reduced list and the tag had fallen off then they couldn't charge me what it was labelled. Even when I grabbed another one with the same price. Eventually we found another in the same size and raised an eyebrow before they gave in. Hurrah! Why is it that the jacket is size L and, other than the sleeves being a touch short for my Mr Tickle arms, it fits perfectly BUT the t-shirt from the same shop which fits similarly is an XXL? Who knows?
We then had coffee with the boys and Stephen's family. Lewis appears to be inexorably drawn to me, presumably because I loathe attention-seeking children and attempt to injure them whenever possible. N.B. Blogger does not allow an ampersand in the tags. WHY?

No comments: