Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New oh why bother?

Oh what a lot of fireworks we had. All across Edinburgh there were bang, big bangs and VERY BIG BANGS. I swear it was actually the apocalypse. There was wine, there was beer and there was a lot of odd foodstuffs that I threw together to pass the time. Eventually there was Trivial Pursuits, of a sort, and then there was collapsing on the floor and falling asleep about 6am. Ollie had passed out, slightly snotty and feeling sorry for himself, about 1am having watched some Star Trek: TNG. Stephen flagged somewhere around 3am. It was left to Joe and myself to be reckless late-night mumblers. I don't know, the youth of today grumble grumble... After a rude awakening between 10.30 and 11.30 this morning, courtesy of a well-rested and mischievous Ollie I eventually stole the Xbox 360 controller from a slightly-the-worse-for-wear Joe and settled down to play Overlord for most of the day. Ahhh. Start the new year as you mean to go on. Late nights, long lies and endless gaming. I am a student, after all! There is now an odd stew in front of me which is lovely, even though I had to leave the potatoes in the pot because we didn't think to parboil them. Sigh. At least we've got Weeds to watch now. I think I may try to indulge in traditional January 2nd activities tomorrow. Nobody would let me watch Hairspray today :(

No comments: