Sunday, January 06, 2008

Of pigs and thongs

I can't help but recommend everyone to read this perfect summary of the current internet music situation. And anyone who knows children should probably have access to this wonderful book. I am impressed by Teller Speaks. Clearly he should spend more time communicating with words. Today featured the gift of a fabulous very long scarf and the gift of some posh bubbly. I am greatly pleased by the scarf and its malleability; the bubbly may pose some problems as I'm not generally a fan (many brands of champers taste like nothing more than over-fizzed cat wee, I find) so I think cocktails may be in order, just to be safe. After all, I appreciate the gift and want to enjoy it too! There was also the excitement of getting some David Bowie LPs to play on an antiquated hi-fi and a pair of comedy Christmas pants - well, a thong - modelled by someone of the wrong gender:
There may be a giant chocolate Santa stuffed in there somewhere, but it's really best NOT to ask. Ben gave me a Christmas Hamper a few days ago. This contained, rather than the traditional hamper fare, a range of Gluten-Free Things: Jaffa Cakes, pasta, pizza bases, stuffing mix, mock-oatcakes, chocolate cake... YUM! I proceeded to make full use of the pizza bases today. Sauce mix comprised: Tomato Puree; Tomato Sauce; Lemon Juice; Finely Chopped Olives; Finely Chopped Jalapeños; Black Pepper; Garlic Granules; Paprika; Bisto Best Roast Onion Gravy Granules; Soy Sauce; Water. I also made some toast-pizza things for the glutenophiles, but they didn't get a scrumptious topping of cheap tinned tuna. In other news, black is the new black,the world's still going to hell in a handbasket (which makes no sense but sounds frightful!), I suspect vinegar may be to blame for my occasional skin oversensitivity (not necessarily gluten-vinegar, either) and taking cold clothes out of a cold tumble drier is just as bad as taking warm clothes out of a warm tumble drier is good.

No comments: